Monday, September 20, 2010

Here's what we've been up to

I finally downloaded pictures and so here is what we've been doing. . . .
We canned 63 quarts of peaches, 55 quarts of pears, 21 quarts of stew and froze a punch of peas, green beans, carrots and peaches. (yeah my year supply)

Elizabeth did the Honeybee Dance Clinic-she was gone from 8am -3pm and had fun learning a dance routine.  She has said enough though and wants to play soccer.  Hey lesson learned and it only costs us $15.  I was fun to see her out of the floor though and she wasn't too shy about being there either!!

We enjoyed about 1 meals worth of corn on the cob from the garden.  It just didn't do well this year.  Not sure if the location was bad or because we used seeds leftover from last year.  Hopefully next year will be better.  I will miss my freezer corn this year!!

3 comments:

cardwellclan said...

Wow on the canning and freezing!! I felt inspired, though I don't know if I will get to it soon!

Love

Becky

Valerie said...

Holy. Cow. That is some very impressive canning!

Erika said...

You are a canning queen! Great work! One meals worth of corn on the cob is better than none! I didn't even plant corn. Next year will be better!