Mark and I met because we were in the same ward at Ricks College. His sister Amy was my visiting teacher so I kindof knew him from her. When she got engaged in January I decided to make my move!! I asked him to the next girl's choice dance in February. We dated for the rest of the semester and it took him like 2 months before he even kissed me!!! I was really surprised to go back to Colorado in April without an engagement ring!! We spent the next month talking on the phone for about 2 hours every night and so after a month I decided I was going back to Idaho. I came back the first part of June (just after Amy's wedding). Just in time for parents' farewell (literally). I showed up to the church and surprised him. Anyway-2 weeks later we were engaged (Father's Day). Mark's parents were leaving to be mission president in the Peoria Illinois Mission. So they were consumed with those plans. Luckily Mark's sister has just gotten married so we used a lot of the same info from her. In fact we both wore the same dress.
We were married on Tuesday, August 22, 1995. A friend of my grandparents married us-Moylen Young (just recently released at our stake patriarch).
So yes I had to scan my pictures because we are so old!! At least now I'll have a digital copy. Ok so some mushy stuff. I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man. He comes from a great family and he and I think so much alike-literally-there are several times we say the same words at the same time. We have a focus on our family and look forward to being with them for all eternity!




6 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!!! Thanks for everything you've taught me about marriage and love and friendship and sisterhood and the gospel and pranks and parenthood and everything else :) We love you guys! Happy 15 years together!!!
Happy anniversary! Moylen Young sealed us too! He was a really good family friend, and he has sealed all of my siblings. What a small world! I hope you guys had a great anniversary! Congrats!!
15 years and still going strong. Happy Anniversary. I love your dress.
wow, congrats on 15 years. The time sure does fly by if you ask me. We're already at 7 years. It was fun hearing your "love story"
Congrats too! The Youngs are good friends with our family too. They were like our "extra grandparents" when we lived in South Carolina--they lived there for a while. Cute pictures of everything.
Cute story! I asked Brandon to Preference at BYU-Idaho too, and that's how our relationship started. I knew him for a whole semester before I asked him out, too. (This was all before his mission, though.) :) I didn't know our stories were so similar! :)
Post a Comment