She got a lot of "art" supplies. She is loving to learn to draw and even paint (needs her Great Grandma B to show her some techniques!!) She got clothes from G &G Ward and cooking supplies and a recipe book from G & G Sorensen (wonder who's gonna teach her-wink-wink)
(I totally need a new camera-so tried of blurry pictures)
So there is a story behind this cake and the above comment. I am so not creative or even try to sometimes. But when I do I hope it goes smooth. So I thought I'd do a round cake for her birthday so I baked them and let it cool. I got the first one out of the pan without only a minor piece breaking off-OK I can do this I thought. I frosted that layer and proceeded to get the second layer out-yeah well that didn't it happen. It totally crumbled in my hands. I was so mad. I must remember I AM NOT CREATIVE. I need to stick to rectangle cakes that do not come out of the pan until ready to be dished up!!!! I had to hurry and bake another cake (thank goodness for couponing and having a supply downstairs). The only creative I got on this one was to use my new decorator from Pampered Chef. This is so not my thing. Anyone want to volunteer to make cakes for my kids. Good thing my kids don't expect a lot from me in this area.
This one is from Matthew's birthday-it's supposed to look like a Nintendo DS.

4 comments:
I have had the same frustration with cakes for my kids...it has literally put me in tears. I decided that it's okay if their cakes aren't "designer". They will just remember that you loved them enough to attempt it. I think your cakes are really cute.
Looks fun! I agree cakes should just stay in the pan until you dish it. =)
So sorry Oakley missed the party. We were camping and she felt so bad and wanted to be there.
Wow, our children really do need to get together. My little red headed daughter just turned 7 as well! And she LOVES art too!
Post a Comment