Saturday we went to the Cove and pulled a handcart for a total of about 6 miles. We walked into the cove and even did a river crossing (good thing it was hot).
The Cove
The River crossing-plus a little fun (since no one else was around)
Exhausted after a day's journey
There were several experiences along the trail that just make us realize how "physically easy" we have it now a days. At one point the big kids (Kaleb & Daniel) and the little ones were in the handcart and I was pulling. Then we got to a hill and I made them get out and walk. Luckily my sister in law ran up to help when we were about half way up-that would have been nearly impossible without more help. Mark was way behind because the boys had wanted to run with the handcart a little ways before-that's why we wasn't there to help up the hill. We always joke that he wouldn't have made it across the plains because he would have gotten sick and died so it was kinda of interesting to see how that would have played out a little. It's that or he would have been in the handcart.
Sunday we went to Casper. There is a great museum there-lots of hands-on things for the kids. There was also a pioneer days celebration going on outside so we were able to be involved in a lot.
On the way home we stopped in Lander (where I was born) and saw the Sinks-the river sinks into the mountain for about 1/4 of a mile.
After that we headed to Idaho. We decided to stop in Jackson for dinner and to walk around a bit. We made it home about 9pm. It was a great trip!!

4 comments:
Looks like a neat trip! Hopefully Mark is feeling well these days. I saw on fb you said you won your Biggest Loser competition. CONGRATS!! You look great! Are you still running a lot?
What a fun trip. I'm glad Mark is doing better and you were able to go. Love all your pictures.
The pictures are cute! I am glad you got to go on a fun trip! Your kids are getting so big now. You look great, too.
I just need to tell you again that I love your short hair. I am really considering chopping mine off...
Looks like you had a great time! Miss you!
Post a Comment