Last Saturday I ran my first 1/2 marathon (and then some). It was a chilly morning but after the first mile I was warm! I did well for me. I finished the 1/2 marathon in 2 hours 30 minutes- 2 minutes faster than when I did a trial run 2 weeks before. However a few mis communications with some of the people telling us which direction to turn and 1 incorrect mile marker several of us ended up running 14.8 miles. Yep almost 2 more miles than we should have. Some of those who were behind me were notified of the correction and only ran the 13.1 but oh well. At least I know I could endure it and in good time too!! I finished in 2 hours 50 minutes. I am grateful for shoes that helped me-I got new ones 1 week and a half before the race. I am grateful for Erin and letting me borrow her GPS so I knew I was going longer!! I am grateful to a family who supported me through all the training. I am grateful for this week to be able to "relax" from running although I am ready to hit the road again (not for any particular race though). So here are some pictures from the MAD 1/2 Marathon.
This is before the race-the timer if for the marathoners who started at 5am (not for me!!)
Donny Osmond was a sponsor for the race which was a fund raiser for the Olive Osmond Hearing Fund. Donny & Marie's nephew Justin is deaf-anyway he ran the 10k
My and my medal (my new jewelery as Claudia calls it!)
So here's the proof of how far I ran!!
Biggest Losers Moses and Kaylee Kininki (and her boyfriend Vance) were there. They ran the 5k-well Moses walked it but still cool that I got my picture with them. It was exciting!
I don't plan on running another 1/2 marathon this year-maybe next year. But it was one of my goals for 2011 so I am happy and excited about that. Now I can concentrate on maintaining the house and taking care of Mark and his uphill road to recovery!
3 comments:
That is awesome Jaimee. Way to make your goal!
You're amazing! Way to go on the 1/2 + marathon! :)
That is so great Jamiee. What an accomplishment. Congrats! :)
Post a Comment