Thursday, February 3, 2011

January

Here's a little of what we've been up to in January:

The boys started basketball and it's nice having them on the same team this year.  They are having fun-Daniel is a great defender-he sticks to his opponent well. 
 Kaleb loves to shoot-we are working on driving toward the basket-but I got this great shot of him shooting a foul shot!
We had pour annual Cub Scout Pinewood Derby-the boys didn't place but they had tons of fun racing their cars!!
I had surgery last week.  2 for 1-haha. 

I had a ganglion cyst on my right wrist that needed to be surgically removed so since I was already going to be at the hospital I had my OB tie my tubes as well. (my first surgery-I was a bit nervous).  Mark said I was very funny right after surgery.  Wow what a week of recovery.  Today I am finally feeling better.  I can only lift up to 5 lbs with my right hand (a gallon of milk is 8 lbs)-so I am still limited on what I can do but at least today I feel like doing something-anyway.  Will still be slow ability to use the wrist but after a couple of months I should be as good as new!!  At least in a few more days I'll be able to wash my hair myself (Mark has sure taken on a lot of "extra" chores around the house!!)

5 comments:

cardwellclan said...

What a month! I am glad you are getting better-hopefully it goes fast!

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

Wow-you are such a trooper! Please let me know if you need anything!!!!

Linda's Latest said...

Oooo....hope you get better quickly!! That's alot of recovering to do with 5 kids to take care of. Good thing Mark is such a good husband.

Becky said...

You guys have been busy! I hope you heal super quick, but it's also time that you're forced to take a little break :) I love the new picture up top at Old Faithful!

Camille said...

Hope you are feeling better girly! Looks like some fun basketball games.