Saturday, November 1, 2008

OUCH!!

Since Valerie said no one ever posts anything that goes bad- I thought I'd help her view change. We went to the ward trunk or treat then I took this kids out for a little around our neighborhood. Then we went to friends for soup-thanks Lisa-yummy. We came home and put kids to bed. After a long day of listening to David cry we finally settled him into bed at 8:15 after trick-or-treating. Then I went back to play cards-so fun- I love wackie six!!!! Anyway at 11:15 I finally came home. It took me about an hour to settle my mind down and just about when I was finally ready to dose off-Mark starts throwing up. At least he can make it to the bathroom. So needless to say it was a bit of long night for him.

Kaleb had a basketball game at 10:30 this morning so I took a couple of kids so Mark could rest. Well here is the real punch for the day. On our way home from the game we were rear-ended on 17th street. I had Kaleb, Liz and David and thank goodness we were all buckled. It wasn't too hard of a hit but it scared us all. I was shacking for at least an hour. The older kids were crying, David was fine. They bumped their heads a little but seemed fine. Kaleb was more upset about being hungry. There is a little bit of damage to the car-we'll get quotes from different places I guess. I ended up going into the doctor a couple hours later because my back and shoulder are sore. The dr gave me ibuprofen to take and Vicadin if I need it. He said you'll feel worse the next 2 days and then should hopefully start getting better. I have to thank Scott for stopping. He happened to be driving by and noticed we were involved. He came over to make sure we were OK. I needed to reassurance that we were OK. The ambulance, fire truck and a couple of police came. I was crazy and a little scary. So if you see me looking a little stiff you'll know why.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I know after my wreck I was the very worst on the third day. I'm bringing you dinner on Monday!

Shari said...

Jaimee, I'm so sorry. 17th street is always a scary street to drive on. I'm glad you all had your seatbelts on. Please let me know if you need anything.

Jamie said...

Wow, sounds like an eventful weekend! Hope things are looking brighter for you guys today. I am glad that everyone was okay!

Ryan and Heather said...

Jaimee! I have never even had a fender bender before (I'm looking around for some wood to knock on), but I can imagine how scary that was for you. I'm glad you are all safe! You know you can call me if you need anything!

brandy said...

You poor thing. I remember our first one with kids in the car. It was so little that there wasn't even a mark on it. I was in tears. I think when you are a mom all you want to do it protect your little ones.

Tiffy said...

Jaimee! oh my heck!! I am so sorry! You guys had an awful weekend! I am so glad that everyone will be ok! Please let me know if you need anything!

Valerie said...

That is bad. Thanks for making all of OUR weekends look a little better :)

Erin Ellsworth said...

What a weekend. I hope you all feel better soon. It sounds like a pretty bad rear end.

brandy said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!